I cut the recipe in half for two people, meaning to make two side servings, but my sweetie had seconds and there is one more serving for leftovers. I think this actually makes four entree servings so plan accordingly.
This salad was warm, spicy, and crunchy. It's so good, I couldn't wait to blog about this one!
green beans and walnuts added to the pan, about to go back in the oven
I used a small jar to mix up the dressing.
Red-Leaf Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 10oz frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 Tbsp white-wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through garlic pressed
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce (10oz), torn into bite size pieces
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss together sweet potatoes, onion, and oil' season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly and roast until sweet potatoes are browne and tender, about 20 minutes, tossing potatoes halfway through.
Add Green beans and walnuts to sheet, toss, and roast another 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, and garlic; season dressing with salt and pepper.
Place lettuce in a large serving bowl; top with roasted vegetable mixture, and drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
We ate it with pork chops. Enjoy!
saturated fat 2.1g
Source: Everyday Food Light